Friday 11 November 2011

Double Page Spread Research

Having researched double page spreads for when i come to creating my own, i have discovered i like a lot of them. I narrowed them down to these two favourites. I like them both because although they are different they both hold information.

I like the MCR magazine because it is quite busy. There are loads of pictures all over but in an organised way, which i might like to emulate in my magazine. I also really like the title which is the quote 'We're being the best mcr we can be!'. I like the idea of using a quote on my double page spread as i think its a bit different and engages the reader.

I think that the other double page spread looks really quirky and original because of the mismatched lettering. It also helps draw attention to the page and makes you want to read on. This page has another quote as the title: 'People think im an attention seeker, but im just honest'. This snippet makes the reader want to buy the magazine to find out more. i like the one plain, simple image and the bland colours (black, white and red) make the magazine look quite modern and interesting.

Overall, i think that looking at these double page spreads has really helped me and given me ideas on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment