Tuesday 22 November 2011

Looking at Photographers

I have been doing some in depth research on different Photographers. This has helped me with my ideas for my Magazine front cover because i now know what kind of look i am going for and how to achieve this in an image.


This first image of a woman holding a guitar is by Peter Krogh, who is an award winning Photographer. He uses all formats of equipment including large film cameras and complex lighting locations. Personally i really like this image and am thinking about doing something similar for my magazine cover, or one of the images on my double page spread.




I have been inspired by this image and think that it would fit in well with my magazine. It would fit well with my indie theme. "The punky, inked boy are all the rage in the industry at the moment" This shows my magazine would be current and 'now' if i used a similar idea.
This image is one of my favourites and although i cannot find who it is by, i really like it and think i am going to attempt to emulate or take ideas from it. I might link it to music by using a musical instrument or something similar, but overall i love the effect.
Looking at these photos and photographers has made me think about the positioning and set for my cover and double page spread images. I have realised i will need to adjust my pictures in Photoshop and have been inspired by many of the photos i've seen.




MY OWN PHOTOGRAPHY:
I have taken a lot of photographs for my magazine and my media pack, looking at photographers and artists to help me emulate. I have photoshopped all of these images to make them look like they came from a magazine (glossy, up-market etc) and am very pleased with the results although i am not yet sure i will use any of these for my actual magazine front cover. If my magazine was made then they would fit in nicely amongst the articles.







No comments:

Post a Comment