Sunday 30 October 2011

Finished Magazine Front Cover

This is my finished magazine front cover.I am really pleased with the overall effect. To finish off I added text detail all over it in blue, purple and black to add interest and make the reader want to buy the magazine. I used the colours i did because i feel they stand out against the brick wall. I also slightly edited the brightness and contrast because i thought that the bricks were detracting from the image and writing.


The 'Fashion!' subtitle was produced on Word because i wanted it in colour to make it stand out more, and all the other writing was done on photoshop. I decided to use the colour white for the 'school fashion special' because the colour stands out against the busy brick wall. i thought that i would focus on 'Fashion' because that is my target audience and  it also fits with the model.
 I got my main title from DaFont online, and i chose this one because it looks like it has been printed on to the wall and i also think it looks fun and interesing. I also used the bar code from DaFont because it was small and makes the magazine look more realistic. I then edited my magazines brightness and contrast because i thought it would make the magazine look more realistic.
I added the price, date, website and bar code to make the magazine look proffesional. i got the bar code from DaFont. I also edited the brightness/contrast and hue/saturation some more at this stage, to make the magazine even more proffesional and 'glossy'.
I took the original picture on a good quality digital camera, and although I was worried the final image would be pixilated, it was not. I rotated the image once it was in photoshop, and i chose this image because it seemed to go well with the target audience and i liked the background because it stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment